Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Bizzarro Italian Cafe




Lately, I've focused on trying all of the restaurants in my neck of the woods in Seattle. Bizzarro Italian Cafe had been lauded over the past year by a few of my Rollergirl pals, and during one of the first cold Winter nights this year, I remembered it as I craved some heavy pasta.

I think I've found my favorite Italian restaurant. There may be others that are superior or even more authentic, but the eclecticism, taste, service, and experience sent it to the top of the heap. Our bill came to $68 with a 20% tip, and at least 3 glasses of wine to accompany our two entrees and one appetizer.

Our menu:
The House Red (Meritage)
Bruschetta: Fig, Gorgonzola, and Red-Wine Reduction
Puttanesca
Stroganoff

The bruschetta was the best appetizer I've ever had. Both of our entrees were preceded by a perfect House Salad. The Puttanesca was tasty enough that I wanted the leftovers for breakfast on Monday morning. And the Stroganoff has to be the perfect winter dish with the spicy italian sausage, and the delectable brown gravy. Our waiter, who I loved from the moment I saw the "Dumb Waiter" nametag, provided us with the best tasting house red I've had: a Monte Volpe 2001 Meritage. The bruschetta was not on the menu and the Stroganoff was a special for the night. All of these factors lead me to honor the BIC with 4.5 outta 5 little umbrellas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home