Friday, March 25, 2005

Sip and Spin at the Space Needle


Tonight, we hit the Space Needle for the Sip and Spin. There were ten of us, total.






This was a dinner at SkyCity, in the Space Needle--a "Martini Pairing Dinner". They didn't get off to a great start--they were nearly an hour late seating our party. But, to be fair, it was a busy night and we were a party of 10. Once we were seated, this meal was well worth the wait. I get martinis fairly often, but these were great. I give the entire meal 4.5 umbrellas out of 5 on the sprizeeScale.

I ate and drank the following (I'd add what others ate, but I can't remember exact dish names):
-Pancetta-wrapped Prawns. These were terribly delicious. Mmm, bacon.
-Seattle Sunset (Cranberry Vodka (Finlandia apparently sponsored), Chambord, Pineapple Juice) . This drink came with my appetizer.
-Seared Ahi with Ginger Quinoa and Bok Choy. I had no idea I loved seared ahi so much.
-Mocha Dreamtini (that name? whatever. Finlandia Vodka, Bailey's Irish Cream, Kahlua) . This drink came with my main dish.
-The Dude's Seattle Sunset or Cosmo or Pink Elephant (vodka, strawberry lem, chambord). Whatever it was, I'm not sure--I'm betting the elephant. He just couldn't finish it in time to head to the Desserts on the Observation Deck. His drink was like kool-aid, I tell you. And you know what my true favorite drink has been for the last 25 years? Tropical Punch. And sugar-free is nearly as good as the full sugar version.


My own version of sprizee, doin' Getty It On. I've been waiting for this moment since Christmas.

After dinner, we went to the Observation Deck, where dessert was served. I had:
-Tiramisu, while in line for
-Caramel Appletini (Cranberry Vodka, sour apple liqueur, butterscotch schnapps). This drink was the best of them all, a list which included: the Classic, the Pink Elephant, the Appletini, the Cosmos, the Chocolatini.

After all was said and done, there was a visit to El Camino with Margaritas for the others and a Dreamsicle (OJ, Vanilla Vodka) for me.


Please cue up some Marvin Gaye now. The PDA Award of the Year goes to this drunk couple, while the bartender is not far behind:

Let's. Get. It. On.

3 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, March 25, 2005, Blogger Rachel said...

Considering that I'd spent time earlier than evening researching the Dell Axim and the HP iPaqs...uh, I thought the same thing, too. My first reaction was, "Hey, which one did ya get?"

 
At 10:35 AM, May 23, 2005, Blogger Johnny said...

See I would have called this

The Fellowship of the Din
It was a dark and stormy night, when our party of ten met at Sprizees house like hobbits on crack, hungry for munchies but only frozen ice cream to sate us.

Or something like that. :D

 
At 6:05 AM, July 12, 2005, Blogger Katy said...

I can't remember what we had there but the dessert was some kind of chocolate concoction that was shaped like the Needle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home