Sunday, January 23, 2005

OMFG, this is the best sandwich EVAR

For the last year, I've played on a Seattle co-rec soccer team (GO KRAKATHOOM!) on Thursday nights. Traditionally, we go out to a sports bar after the game either to commiserate, or to celebrate. My favorite of all of our sports bars is in West Seattle--The Rocksport. And that's because of two things: 1) cheap Killer Teas on Thursdays, which helps with the booze budget and 2) the Grilled Ham (and cheese) sandwich. I don't think I've tried much else there, but I haven't wanted to order anything else.

Now, I know what you're thinking--that #1 is why #2 is so good. But no, I have been back there and ABSTAINED from any adult beverages just to make sure it was soooo good. I don't know what these people are putting in those sandwiches, but they need to keep on doing it (I have a hunch they grill their sammiches in some sort of garlic salt or garlic powder...and probably with a lot of butter). It's basically just the most perfect grilled cheese sandwich I've come across in Seattle. I hear rumors that Hale's Ales gives them a run for their money...so seeing as Hale's is close by and I don't have to hit I-5, 99 or the West Seattle bridge to get a fix, the next time I have a hankerin', I'm gonna head over there for a little comparison.

Oooooh, that sandwich was goooood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home